Friday, August 3, 2012

What do you love about reading?

I thought this would be an easy question to answer, but I've had to think on this to nail down concrete responses. Here are some of my ideas.

I love to read Christian fiction because I am encouraged by triumphing Christian characters.

I love to read Historical Christian fiction because I learn about another time and place.

I love to read Christian fiction which focuses upon difficult issues because I can glean ways of dealing with issues in my life.

I love to read Christian fiction for the general encouragement I receive for my walk.

I love to read to get lost in another time and place.

I love to read to inform my own writing.

The more I think on this question, the more answers I seem to find.

What about you? What do you love about reading?

THE WRITE BRAIN NOTEBOOK by Bonnie Neubauer has an encouraging word for writers:
"Everything you read was created by a writer. You, too, have the talent and commitment to bring this joy to others. Keep writing and you will give more folks more reasons to love reading."

Nothing would be more pleasing than to have a reader love reading my words!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Paula I LOVE to read. The best thing about it for me is that it is my great escape. When I read I put myself somewhere in the story and I'm lost to the present for a while. I SO need that sometimes. Reading is my favorite activity - sometimes even ahead of eating, and that's saying a lot! :)