Thursday, June 27, 2013

God Delights in You

How are your mornings? I am so bad to toss and turn and moan and groan at the thought of emerging from my nice warm bed. But, Tuesday's devotion from Sarah Young's JESUS CALLING gave me a different perspective and attitude to strive for.

In case you have never read any of this little devotional book, you need to know that Young writes the entries as if Jesus is speaking to the reader.

June 25th started this way: "Open your hands and your heart to receive this day as a precious gift from Me. I begin each day with a sunrise, announcing My radiant Presence. By the time you rise from your bed, I have already prepared the way before you. I eagerly await your first conscious thought. I rejoice when you glance My way."

When I read that, all I could do was say: Wow! God has already prepared the way before me for my day before the sunrise even occurs. To think He eagerly awaits for my first thoughts and is happy when my first thoughts are of Him.

Instead of groaning, I should thank Him for all He has prepared and follow His leading.

I know it can be hard to imagine that the God of the universe actually delights in His children. But, the Bible states this very fact.

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

Let the words of that scripture sink in. Then, accept the fact that God delights in you and eagerly awaits you to acknowledge His Presence.

Let's allow the sunrise to announce His Presence and turn our thoughts to Him first. I think it might just amaze us how much better our day will turn out.



No comments: