Friday, January 18, 2013

WHITER THAN SNOW


After several days of rain - about seven inches of it - I arrived home just in time yesterday. School was called off at 1:30. I finally was able to leave at 2:30. When I left, firing up my little red Mini-Cooper, the precipitation had just changed from pouring rain to some solid stuff. I thanked the Lord as I hurried home, not knowing how my little car would fair in snow-covered roads. As I pulled into the garage, and went upstairs, changing my damp clothes, I peeked out the window to discover the largest flakes of snow I have ever seen. We even had thunder-snow.



As I watched those flakes cover the ground, I was struck by how pure and white it was. I couldn't help but be reminded of the verse from Isaiah 1:18b: "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."

Now I try my best to do a good job with my laundry. I try to insure that my whites stay white and the colors stay colors. But, let's face it, when you have a stain like blood or grape juice get onto your nice white shirt, sometimes it just won't come out. And, it is hard to keep the whites really white and not become a bit dingy over time.

But, God doesn't have trouble with his whites. When He says that He makes something white as snow, it's white.





That means dirty and sinful ol' me was washed as white as the snow outside my window today when I asked Jesus into my heart. Is that not exciting? God says that even though I was really stained - scarlet sins - I will be white as snow.

Have you experienced this cleansing? If not, seek out someone to tell you how to gain this cleansing from God through Jesus Christ.

If you have been made white as snow, just reflect a moment on what that really means. Here's a few more snow pictures - thanks to my daughter.

Really think on what it meant when God changed your scarlet sins into a white just as white like snow. Thank Him today for doing something only He can do. Praise Him for making this cleansing available.



Oh, and God, by the way, do You have any suggestions for my laundry whites?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great concept! I get stains that I don't know where they came from. But God does.
Brook