Monday, September 24, 2012

CAN I GET AN AMEN?

I have this calendar on my desk that has scripture passages from different versions of the Bible. I flipped it over a couple of days ago to find this passage:

"If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, 'I'm slipping, I'm falling," Your love, God, took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, You calmed me down and cheered me up." Psalm 94:17-19 The Message

Can I get a witness? I can so relate to this passage.

There is no way I could've made it through the bumps on my life's road without God being there for me.

How often have I been down for the count only to have God's love take hold of me?

Whew! I can testify to being upset and most certainly beside myself. God is always faithful to calm me and cheer me.

Even though my slip-ups and tirades were my fault, God hears me when I cry out to Him in desperation for help.

This reminds me of that song that says: "If it wasn't for Jesus, where would I be?" I don't think I'll look backwards to even consider that. I think I'll take Paul's advice to keep pressing on toward the prize no matter what I have to do, knowing God is right there with me ready to love me, calm me, and cheer me.

Amen and amen!


1 comment:

Brooksie said...

Awesome blog. How true that God is always there for us. I think we want to give up too soon.