Thank you, Sharon McGregor, for nominating me for this Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer 10 questions you've been sent.
4. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the questions I was sent and my answers:
If you could go back in your life and change one decision you made, what would it be?
I believe I would not put off my writing. I would have gotten serious about writing earlier than I did.
What is the most intriguing book you have ever read?
Being a reviewer of Christian fiction, I could make a big list here. However, even though many may say it is a cop-out answer, I would have to pick the Bible. Those 66 books have everything from romance, to battle scenes, to betrayal. In addition to that, the Bible is especially intriguing because it is living and active and supreme truth. What other book can you turn to for answers for anything you are facing? What other book comes complete with a Helper, the Holy Spirit, to interpret it just for you and your situation?
If you could pick one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
Determined. My husband would agree with this and probably add the word impatient to it.
If you could time travel, what period of history would you choose and why?
My mother always said I was born in the wrong time because I read books and listened to music and watched movies from the past. I think I would like to visit the pioneer days as read about in the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Those women were of strong stock and steadfast faith. I think we're missing that kind of legacy these days.
Did you have a role model growing up and if so, what effect did he/she have on your life?
My parents were my role models. My mother showed me what it was like to be loyal in your work and have a good work ethic. My dad showed me that you could pursue your dream to become what you wanted to become and uphold the utmost integrity while doing it. I believe that their examples enabled me to pursue my dream of becoming a Christian author.
If you could plan a dream vacation, one that may seem out of reach, where would you go?
I have honestly always had a fascination with visiting Alaska. I would love to visit a dog sled ranch and ride on a sled. And of course, I would research so I could write about it.
If you could choose any profession to follow, what would it be?
My dream would be to write full-time and do some speaking in conjunction with that.
Pick a card, any card - greeting card that is. What is your favorite holiday?
I would have to say that Christmas is my favorite holiday. I enjoy the time off and the time with family. I love the time spent remembering times gone by with my family too.
What is your favorite pet?
Though we do not own a pet now, in the past we have had dogs, birds, and even a rabbit. My favorite is still a dog for the way they are all yours, totally devoted.
What one thing would you like to see happen in 2015?
I pray that I stay more attuned to God's leading and I touch more people with my writing.
Now for my nominees and their questions.
Susan Tuttle, Deborah Picurrelli, Gail Pallotta, Eileen Rife, Zoe McCarthy, Carol Round, Julie Arduini, Bonnie Leon, and Jennifer Hallmark
1. What is something you would count as a "success" from this past year?
2. Who has had the biggest influence on your life?
3. What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
4. If you could have a week to retreat, where would you go and what would you do?
5. Looking back on this year, what are five things you are especially thankful for?
6. What is one lesson you feel you learned this past year?
7. If there were no limits, what is one goal you would like to achieve this year?
8. What is one Bible verse that is special to you and why?
9. Do you make New Year's resolutions? Why or why not?
10. Do you set goals for yourself in your spiritual life? Give an example.
Thanks again to Sharon for nominating me.
I pray we all follow God's leading in this New Year and be blown away by what He does through us to reach a world for Christ and encourage our fellow believers.