Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Word for 2015 - REVIVAL

Revival - make or become fresh or strong again. Renew, reinvigorate, rejuvenate.

This is the second year I've adopted a word instead of a list of resolutions for the new year.

The word revival can be applied in many areas of my life. I believe that a spiritual revival would be foremost.

Psalms 51:10-12
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." (NIV)

My relationship with the Lord can always be strengthened. And, my commitment to His Word can be rejuvenated.

I can get into a rut and just go through the motions, losing that intimacy to truly experience the joy of my salvation.

Thus, the first application of my one word for 2015 is to freshen and strengthen the areas of my spiritual life.

How about you? Have you chosen a guide word for 2015? Or, have you established goals? Did you include your spiritual life? How?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, Paula. I've been sensing the same thing. there's something to ALL your heart, ALL your mind, and ALL strength. We have to pursue that wholeheartedly. :)

J.A. Marx

Anonymous said...

You truly have a heart for the Lord girlfriend!