Monday, August 19, 2013

All For His Glory

Do you sometimes go through the motions, thinking that what you are doing doesn't matter anyway? The enemy can pull us Christians down like that when he has the opportunity. Let's you and me take a different perspective.

"Every activity can be transformed into an act of worship when you do it for the praise, glory, and pleasure of God."
"How is it possible to do everything to the glory of God? By doing everything as if you were doing it for Jesus and by carrying on a continual conversation with him while you do it."
"Work becomes worship when you dedicate it to God and perform it with an awareness of his presence."
"Every human activity, except sin, can be done for God's pleasure if you do it with an attitude of praise."
The Purpose Driven Life

Do you realize that no matter what you are doing, you can bring a smile to God's face? That gives me goosebumps. To think that the God of the universe can find pleasure in me when I'm washing dishes or writing on my novel. During the tasks I just need to keep focused on Him through that open prayer line - stay aware that He is near to me.

Did you see the movie, Chariots of Fire? The main character announces that he could feel God's pleasure when he ran.

Have you experienced this? I have. When I get in the "writing zone," penning words that I often wonder where they came from, I get this feeling I can't describe. The only way to explain is to say that I am feeling the pleasure of God.

If you haven't dedicated your work to God, try it. Just for one day try to do your tasks whatever they may be for Him. Once you feel His pleasure, you'll want to bring Him more pleasure by always bringing Him glory in everything.

How have you felt God's pleasure?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think writing is about the only time I too have experienced that!
I guess that's gives us a writer's soul huh?
-Brooke

Karla Akins said...

Yes! I love that feeling. When I sing or play piano or write. Definitely. Thanks for reminding me of the Chariots of Fire Quote. I love it. What a beautiful reminder of His precious anointing!

Shirley Corder said...

Hi Paula,
Yes, I too love that feeling. I also love it when I hear from a reader that they've been blessed in a certain situation by something I've written - and I know I didn't write for that situation. I think, 'Wow, God! You're so clever!'

Gay N Lewis said...

I experience that sensation, and it awes me.

Paula Mowery said...

Ladies, thanks for stopping by and sharing.
Karla, you're welcome for the quote. I can't think of that movie without thinking of that quote.
Shirley - yep, we do have a totally clever God, don't we?
Gay, I understand and ditto that it awes me too.