Monday, July 15, 2013

I Gotcha Back!

Most of my readers know that as a part of my quiet time I read from the One Year Bible. Once again the Spirit made a passage stand out for me.

"When Joab saw that he would have to fight on both the front and the rear, he chose some of Israel's elite troops and placed them under his personal command to fight the Arameans in the fields. He left the rest of the army under the command of his brother Abishai, who was to attack the Ammonites. 'If the Arameans are too strong for me, then come over and help me,' Joab told his brother. 'And if the Ammonites are too strong for you, I will help you. Be courageous! Let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. May the Lord's will be done.'" 1 Chronicles 19:10-13

Isn't this just what the soldiers of the Lord should do?

We Christians so often go off in pursuit of our pet projects and ignore the needs for help from others around us. Then we wonder why our efforts fail to make a difference.

As the body of Christ, we are to work together to accomplish God's will. We are on the same team.

Would you expect a football team to win if there were only two players against a full team? No.

Paul talks about this unity in Christ and being one body often in the New Testament. The idea is to bring your God-given gifts into the body and together He can cause us to accomplish what He wants.

So, how about it? You got my back? I've got yours!

No comments: