Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pits



"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Can I get an amen?

My pastor/hubby is preaching through a series on Joseph on Sunday evenings. Last Sunday saw the poor boy in the pit. Then the sermon focused on being in a pit ourselves and what we should do. This was one of those times I felt the message was just for me.

I will raise my right hand high and declare: "Hello, my name is Paula, and I am currently in a pit!"

That gets step one out of the way - acknowledging it.

Now for step two - pray that God will help me learn from this pit. Ask Him if there's some lesson I'm to gain from being here.

I have been doing this step repeatedly. But, I have to constantly remind myself that God's timing and mine aren't always in sync.

The third step is to praise and worship Him not when He lifts me out but in the midst of the pit.

I've been doing this by continuing my morning quiet time and then listening to Christian music on the way to work and on the way home.

My daughter left the perfect CD in my car by singer, Kari Jobe. There are two songs in particular that I am wearing out.

If you haven't heard these then click on the below two links.

Kari Jobe - Steady My Heart

Kari Jobe - Here

These have been the best songs of encouragement for me while I've been in the pit.

Anybody else experiencing a pit party out there?

Try these prescribed steps from my hubby - and repeat until you're lifted out.

Remember, like I've been reminding myself: God is with you in the pit, He promised to see us through our pits not leave us there, we can learn valuable things while in the pit, and God can and will make good come from our pit.

No comments: