Saturday, February 17, 2018

My Way

This week I finished the Nancy DeMoss book called Surrender. Here's some things that stuck out to me.

"Jesus said: 'Why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not do what I say?'" Luke 6:46

"In other words: Why do you claim that I am in charge of your life but you run your life as if you were in charge? You don't ask me what I want you to do, and even when you know what I want you to do, you still insist on doing it your way!"

OUCH! Anybody else get their toes stomped on with those two quotes?

Ultimately and in many instances, I do allow Jesus have to control. But there are those times when I pull back a bit. It's like I don't fully trust that He has the best for me and what is in my best interest.

Suppose His best for me right now isn't comfortable? I might need to go through a trial of some sort to learn the next lesson He has for me. However, in my humanness I would prefer to avoid that which might cause me any kind of pain or uncomfortable feeling.

As I typed those words, admitting them, I realize just how pouty that sounds. Jesus endured much for me in the areas of pain and uncomfortable moments. I will never have to endure anything close to what He did for me.

And yet, here I am still holding back sometimes like I could "test" and see if I really want to jump all the way into surrender. Nope, that ain't it. Yes, I just said ain't.

DeMoss says, "the will of God is exactly what we would choose if we knew what God knows." But I don't know. That's where the trust and faith come in.

Surrender is bowing the knee to God. Not compromising or holding back. Giving Him all of me.

Praying that God will help with total surrender to Him and His way.

How about you? Do you find yourself hesitant or resist in some ways? Share in the comments. 

No comments: