Monday, January 23, 2017

What Are You Reading?

As I sat down to write out a post for today, I decided to share with you what I've been reading.

I just finished reading Sandra Bricker's The Big 5-Oh! Sandra passed away earlier this year. When I realized I had another of her books on my kindle that I hadn't read yet, I started reading it immediately. As I wrote in the review for Amazon: Never read a Sandra Bricker book I didn't love. I suppose this book hit me close to home as well, since I'll be turning 50 in 2017. This book had sweet romance with a mix of unpredictable dilemmas. You won't be disappointed.

The  Big 5-OH! by [Bricker,  Sandra D.]

My newest fiction title is Give the Lady a Ride by Linda Yezak. With cowboys involved, what's not to love? I haven't gotten very far in but so far, I've loved it.

Give the Lady a Ride: Circle Bar Ranch Series by [Yezak, Linda W.]


In nonfiction I've been reading and meditating on Have a New You by Friday by Dr. Kevin Leman. Now I didn't follow the timeline with this book. There's a lot more to read and think on than for only a few days. I love the way he explains personality types in a much easier way to understand, using dogs of all things. Then one of the sections that most prompted thought for me was the birth order part. Leman brings up some things I had never considered. You're probably better at reading and digesting and can stay on the "by Friday" timeline. But I would recommend this book to everyone, even if you don't want a new you by Friday. You just might get some insight into why you are the way you are and about those around you.

Have a New You by Friday: How to Accept Yourself, Boost Your Confidence & Change Your Life in 5 Days by [Leman, Dr. Kevin]

Dr. Leman has some other versions of this that you might want to check out, relating to teenagers, children, and your sex life.

Now as for my writing craft book, I'm rereading Inspired Writer - How to Create Magic With Your Words by Brian Hutchinson. I'll give one warning with this one: there is some language that I don't care for. It's really not needed, but it tends to be the way of this author. But what Hutchinson has to say to writers about being inspired and getting past perfectionism and negative critics is really worth ignoring the profanity. Any writer who might feel a little less than motivated should check into this book. With each chapter, I feel encouraged and ready to write for all I'm worth.

Inspired Writer: How to Create Magic With Your Words by [Hutchinson, Bryan]


So there you have it. Those are the books I have my nose stuck in right now.

What have you been reading that you would encourage others to read? Please share in the comments.

Happy Reading!

No comments: