Monday, October 20, 2014

25 Years!

Tuesday, October 21st, is my and my husband's 25th wedding anniversary. It was so wonderful to celebrate with family and friends Sunday.

This guy of mine has been in my life since we sat in first grade together. He asked me to "go with" him when we were in middle school. It wasn't called "talking" then. We broke it off when I moved about an hour away. But, after two years, my family and I returned. My sweetheart and I got back together in high school.

During high school, he felt the call into ministry. My mama saw it all along!

We stayed together all through college, even though we attended different schools. We came home on the weekends to see each other and do our laundry.

On my graduation day from Maryville College, my honey proposed to me. Five months later we tied the knot!

I don't remember my life without him and don't want to. I've seen God take a very shy boy and turn him into a bold preacher of the Word and a caring pastor.

He told me when we got married that he would probably not ever be able to give me a big house or an expensive car. But, he did promise if we stuck together and followed God's guidance, we would have an adventure. He didn't lie about that!

Happy Anniversary, Babe! I love you. Let the adventure continue .........


3 comments:

Gay N Lewis said...

Nice tribute to a healthy marriage and a long ministry. May God give you many more years.

Paula Mowery said...

Thanks Gay!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you both! What a wonderful love story and...BOOK IDEA!