Friday, January 27, 2012

Recently on the ACFW loops, much attention has been focused on what word should characterize you this year. I've thought about that and come to the conclusion that my word is influence.
For those familiar with the prayer of Jabez from the Bible, you might remember that he asked God to increase his territory. This can also be interpreted as influence. Like Jabez, I am asking God to increase my influence for Him this year.
First Peter the third chapter encourages us Christians to "always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But, do this with gentleness and respect ..." God has given me fiction stories which hold truths about salvation and being a believer. This is one way I can answer as to the hope I contain with gentleness and respect thus spreading my influence for the Lord.
Have you considered what word should characterize you this year? I pray God will lay on your heart the word that will guide your exploits this year. January 1st, 2013, I hope to look back knowing I did my best to increase my influence for Christ and look more like Him.