Monday, August 24, 2015

Top 5 Things You Don't Want to Hear from Pre-K

We have completed two and a half weeks of school and are starting on the third. This is my fourth year in the Pre-K at our local elementary school. We have twenty four-and-five-year old children, most who have never been away from Mama or home.

Our job is to teach these children the routines of school. One of the most daunting is teaching them to walk in a line. I have repeatedly described this experience as what it would be like to herd cats. I could certainly use eight to ten arms of the stretchable sort so as to coax their little bodies back into a straight line.

As I considered these past couple of weeks, I thought I would share with you my top five things that I don't want to hear from my Pre-K children. Needless to say, I've heard them all.

1. I didn't do it.

2. He made me do it.

3. Did my mama send extra clothes?

4. Why is there a big puddle in the bathroom?

5. Where did *****'s pants go?

I could add many more, but you get the picture. Never a dull moment in Pre-K! I'm sure I'll be adding to this list and to our experiences. The Good Lord sure knows how to develop patience in this teacher. Sometimes, all you can do is shake your head and chuckle.

What is your latest "don't want to hear that?"


No comments: