Saturday, November 16, 2013

May We Never Forget

A song has been plaguing me, and I have been playing it over and over again in my car. It is sung by the Martins and called, May We Never Forget.

We passed Veterans Day, remembering the sacrifices of our military.

We are fast approaching Thanksgiving, trying to give thanks for our blessings.

We are leading into Christmas, sharing gifts.

In all this my thoughts came back to Someone's actions I take granted. Jesus was the ultimate freedom sacrifice.

God has blessed us with many things but none more important than His own Son.

Jesus was the ultimate Christmas gift. I too often forget that when Mary counted those little fingers and toes, God the Father knew ultimately what His Son was coming to do.

The stories become so familiar, I don't stop to truly think about the cost of the love that meant I could live.

Take a moment to listen to this song and never forget or take for granted what we have through Jesus.

May We Never Forget by The Martins

No comments: