Thursday, February 21, 2013

He Holds My Hand

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Psalm 37:23-24

There are times that a scripture is so timely. The above two verses were right on time when I needed to read them this week.

It's nice to know that God directs my steps because I am His. When it comes to finding my way around, I'm referred to as: directionally disfunctional. I have to have exact directions to a location or have my hubby drive me there ahead of time so I can find my way to my destination. Why do I mention this? Well, if I don't stay in line with God's way, I can get off track left to my own steps. I need to keep my focus on Him and His will for me so I know the steps to take.

The next line of the verses blows me away. Can you imagine the Creator of the universe is interested in the details of our lives? Hard to fathom but this verse says it is true. God cares and even delights in every aspect of our lives. Thus, all of those steps He is directing us through, He delights in watching us take them.

Are we going to flub sometimes? Can I get a hearty yes? But, notice this verse assures us that though we might stumble, we're not totally knocked out. God is holding our hand. I get a picture in my mind of a toddler learning to walk. We are like that wee one - we are going to fall down and fail sometimes. But, just like a parent, God is there to pull us back up and assure us that we will soon accomplish or overcome obstacles.

Are you letting God direct your steps? If not, I challenge you to reach out in faith and take His hand. His path is the best way - not always the easiest but the best.

1 comment:

Brooksie said...

Awesome Blog! I love the "directionally disfunctional." Oh that is so me too! But God loves me regardless. What a truly awesome God we have!